Don’t know what to do with a fridge full of leftover turkey from your Thanksgiving meal? Check out my family recipe for Spiced Turkey Cutlets!
Spiced Turkey Cutlets Recipe:
3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
2 Pounds Leftover Turkey, shredded into small pieces (use a food processor, if needed)
1 Cup Leftover Mashed Potatoes
2 Large Red Onions, finely chopped
1/2 Teaspoon Garam Masala
2 Tablespoons Grated Ginger
2 Tablespoons Minced Garlic
5 Jalapenos, chopped finely
1 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
2 or 3 curry leaves
1 Tablespoon Salt (or to taste)
2 Large Eggs, beaten
2 Cups Bread Crumbs (you can use Panko bread crumbs as well)
Oil for Deep Frying
– Heat oil in a pan over medium heat.
– Add onions, garlic, and ginger to the pan and saute until the onions are translucent.
– Add jalapenos, curry leaves, black pepper, turmeric powder, & garam masala to the pan, cook for 5 minutes until well-blended
– Add turkey and mashed potatoes to the pan. Add salt. Mix thoroughly and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
– Remove from heat
– Let the turkey mixture cool for 15 minutes at room temperature
– Once the mixture has cooled down, using your hands, shape the mixture into the an egg or oval shape (cutlet shape).
– Dip each cutlet into the beaten egg mixture and then coat/cover with bread crumbs
– Deep fry the cutlets over medium heat until the cutlets are golden brown on all sides.
Serve the cutlets warm with leftover cranberry sauce as a dipping sauce. Enjoy!